Welcome to Lavender Walk
Lavender Walk is a dedicated unit for young people with mental health difficulties aged 13 up to their 18th birthday. We offer inpatient care for up to 12 young people and a day programme for four people.
Young people may be admitted under difficult circumstances and we appreciate that this can be a challenging time for everyone involved. We will support you, your child and your family through this transition by providing as much information before and during the young person’s treatment with us.
We are available to answer any questions you may have about your child’s admission and treatment.
- Social Worker
- Clinical Psychologist
- Healthcare Assistant
- Ward Manager
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Family Therapist
- Art Therapist
For more information, please download the patient information leaflet and the parent information leaflet.
The service will accept referrals of people who meet the following criteria:
- Aged between 13 and 18 years old, who are resident in the north west London boroughs this includes Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea, Brent, Harrow, and Hillingdon, Hammersmith and Fulham, Ealing and Hounslow). (There may be rare cases of 12 year olds being admitted). We may consider referrals from other boroughs
- Who may require detention under the Mental Health Act although the latter is not a pre-requisite
- Primary diagnosis of mental illness and which does not exclude young people with a mild learning disability, drug and alcohol problems or those with social care problems as secondary needs.
- Severe and complex needs that cannot be safely managed within Tier 3 CAMHS.
For more information about the referral process, please refer to GP factsheet.
14, 211, 414
|West Bromtpon (0.9 miles)||
||There is limited off street parking nearby and pay and display car park at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.|
Inpatient mental health wards are operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.