Camden and Islington Wheelchair Service supplies manual and powered wheelchairs, buggies and specialist seating services to children and adults with mobility problems.
The service takes a client-centred approach, with an emphasis on choice and education. It offers a voucher scheme, enabling individuals to purchase a wheelchair of their choice using a voucher allocated by the service.
The service is for children and adults who are registered with a Camden or Islington general practitioner (GP) and who have a permanent disability affecting their mobility.
The service is not suitable for people who:
- Require a wheelchair for less than six months
- Are undergoing rehabilitation or who are not medically stable
- Require outdoor-only powered mobility
- Are living in a nursing home/ residential home and require a wheelchair for transit use only
We accept referrals from general practitioners (GPs) or by another health or social care professional, for example, a consultant, nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist or social worker, using the referral form below. Clients already known to the service are able to self-refer via phone or email.
Instructions on how to complete the referral form
- Download the form (opens PDF)
- All mandatory fields must be completed, these are fields highlighted in red.
- Please make sure the date is written as DD/MM/YYYY. For example, if you want to write the date 10 March 2018, you would write it as 10/03/2018.
- Once you have completed the form, go to 'File' and 'Save as' so that you save a copy of the form on your computer somewhere
- Attach the saved form to an email and send this to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an automated reply from Candi if it has been sent successfully.
- Please try to complete the mandatory (highlighted red) fields. We will send forms back if mandatory fields are not completed as we will not be able to process the referral without this information
|Bus||134, 214, 393, C2|
|Tube||Kentish Town (Northern Line)|
|Rail||Kentish Town West|
Services are available from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.
Wheelchairs provided by the service are maintained and repaired free of charge by our approved repairers, AJM Healthcare.
Clients can contact AJM Healthcare, Monday – Friday, 8am – 11pm on:
You can also email a request to: email@example.com
When contacting AJM Healthcare, make sure you have the following details ready:
- Your name and address
- Wheelchair model and type (if known)
- Nature of repair required.
We hold a drop-in clinic for existing clients every Wednesday between 9.30am and 4.00pm. These clinics are run on a first-come, first-served basis.
These clinics are suitable if you:
- Need replacement accessories. For example, cushion covers, belts, laterals
- Need adjustments. For example, footplate, armrest height or headrest position
- Think you have outgrown your equipment and need to be re-measured
- Think that your equipment needs a general review due to wear/change in use
- Need to be weighed in your wheelchair
- Need a self-propelled assessment to change from a transit to self-propelled wheelchair
- Need help because the repairer has been unable to solve your repair
- Need training in the use of your equipment.
The Peckwater Centre
6 Peckwater Street
If you have any questions, please contact us on 020 3317 5040.
If you need help in a crisis, please do the following
- Contact the CNWL service looking after you during their office hours
- If the crisis is during when your service is closed, there are alternative options provided by the NHS found on this page.
- If you are not already being looked after by CNWL or elsewhere within the NHS, see your GP during normal working hours as they can then refer you to a local service.
Find your closest GP on NHS Choices.