The Hillingdon Looked-after Children's Health Team ensures that all those involved in the care of looked-after children in Hillingdon are aware of and address relevant health issues.
The team also provides a service to children who live in Hillingdon and who are looked after by another local authority. (Please note if you require Social Services, please call 01895 250111).
The service is for looked-after children under the age of 18. Children with disabilities may be seen up to their nineteenth birthday.
The Transition Nurse works with children who have complex health needs with Hillingdon GP. Their role is to help young people, their carers and families to have a smooth transition from children to adult services. They will liaise with social workers, schools, GP’s, hospital staff, Nurses and any other professionals involved in young person’s care.
Patient Information Leaflets:
- Hillingdon Transition Service for care leavers - supporting young people to become healthy adults
- Hillingdon Transition Service for young people with complex needs
Referrals for health assessments are made by Hillingdon Social Services; for children looked-after by other areas, referrals are made by the health team for that area. For further information please contact the Looked after Children’s Team.
The service is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.
|114, 282||Chiltern Railway||Central, Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines|
If you need help in a crisis, please do the following
- Contact the CNWL service looking after you during their office hours
- If the crisis is during when your service is closed, there are alternative options provided by the NHS found on this page.
- If you are not already being looked after by CNWL or elsewhere within the NHS, see your GP during normal working hours as they can then refer you to a local service.
Find your closest GP on NHS Choices.