Hillingdon Parkinson's Nursing Service supports people with Parkinson's disease and parkinsonian symptoms by providing information, medication management guidance, and care coordination.
The service is led by the Parkinson's nurse specialist who works Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm at Oak Farm Clinic, Long Lane, Hillingdon, UB10 9PB. They can be contacted on 01895 484810 or email@example.com
Working alongside a neurologist, general practitioners (GPs), and other healthcare professionals the service aims to help individuals with Parkinson's disease, their families and carers to maintain a good quality of life.
The Parkinson's nurse specialist offers:
- Advice and information about the medicines and treatments used
- A holistic nursing assessment with individualised care plans
- Education about the Parkinson's disease process, and how people can self-manage
- Referrals or recommendations to other services and agencies that can provide support
- A monthly support group and weekly exercise group
- A 10-week programme for exercise and education
This service is for people who are registered with a GP located within the London Borough of Hillingdon.
The service accepts referrals from GPs and healthcare professionals via the Contact Centre. It also accepts self-referrals. Download Community Parkinson's referral form (opens word doc)
The service is available from 08:00-16:00, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.
Patients will be offered a clinic appointment unless the following circumstances apply:
- they have a difficulty attending clinic
- there is a special need to be visited in the home environment during a crisis or due to disability
If you are unwell and the Parkinson's nurse specialist is not available you should contact your GP, NHS 111 (simply dial 111 to speak to an operator who will be able to help you), or the Parkinson's UK helpline on 0808 800 0303.
Parkinson's UK has Information Support Workers in Hillingdon who work closely with the Parkinson’s nurse. Their role is to provide up-to-date information on Parkinson's, links to other services within the area and support with benefits and the application process. They also provide emotional support to the person with Parkinson’s, their families and carers. Their contact details are as follows:
|427, 607, A10, H98, U2||Great Western||Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines|
If you need help in a crisis, please do the following
- Contact the CNWL service looking after you during their office hours
- If the crisis is during when your service is closed, there are alternative options provided by the NHS found on this page.
- If you are not already being looked after by CNWL or elsewhere within the NHS, see your GP during normal working hours as they can then refer you to a local service.
Find your closest GP on NHS Choices.