Our 24/7 crisis service, delivered in partnership with Comfort Care Services, provides a safe, non-clinical environment and specialist support to people who are facing a mental health or social crisis. We have experienced and dedicated staff building up a detailed understanding of a guest’s needs to help co-produce a wellbeing plan, giving guests the tools to return to their normal level of independence.
Find out more about the service in this leaflet (opens pdf)
The Retreat is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with a guest typically staying for 3-5 days.
There are six beds available with single occupancy.
From the point of admission and throughout their stay, guests are supported to make use of community-based resources and develop the skills and plans needed to contain and manage any future crisis.
A shared lounge, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, quiet room and landscaped gardens.
- Easy access to bedrooms and bathroom with a lift
- Free Wi-Fi is available to all residents in the communal areas.
- Staff are on-site 24 hours a day, with an out-of-hours telephone service and CCTV to ensure residents' safety and security.
- Adults aged 18 and over
- High level of anxiety with or without medications
- Experiencing hallucinations, paranoid ideas or fears, including suicidal thoughts
- Recent mental health trauma such as bereavement, physical illness, abuse etc.
- Unstable mental health but not requiring hospital admissions
- Self-harm or suicidal thoughts but not acting upon them and not requiring hospital admissions
- People who are not residents of Hillingdon
- People who or are of “no-fixed-abode” and do not have a discharge address
- People who are acutely unwell and require informal or formal admission to hospital
- People requiring detention under Section 136 or other sections of the Mental Health Act
- People who are actively misusing substances
- People who have an active high risk of self-harm or harm to others (verbal, physical, emotional)
Referrers will be able to make direct referrals to The Retreat through CNWL's Home Treatment Team (HTT) please call 07889 233508
Referrers must submit a completed referral form and biopsychosocial assessment and risk assessment to HTT.RapidResponseHillingdon@nhs.net