The Your Life Line Team is here to help coordinate your care if you (or your carer) are in need of advice, support or nursing care.
We will discuss your care over the telephone with you or your family member or carer and plan with you how to best to support you.
Depending on the help you need, we can either give you support over the telephone or arrange for someone to visit you at home.
The number is free to call, although there may be a charge with some mobile phone providers, so please ask if you need us to ring you back.
The team is made up of clinical nurse specialists who care for patients with complex needs in the last weeks and months of their life (with any diagnosis). Working in partnership with the Hillingdon district nursing teams (who deliver nursing care in the community) and other organisations, the team works to:
- Help and support you to remain in your own home
- Prevent avoidable admissions to hospital
- Respond to your choice of preferred place at the end of your life.
The service is for people who:
- Are 18 years or over
- Are a palliative care patient, in the last weeks or months of their life.
- Have discussed their end of life plan with their GP, Specialist Palliative Care Nurse or District Nurse and have been given access to the YLL phone line.
- Are registered with a Hillingdon GP or a resident in the borough of Hillingdon.
Speak to your GP or district nurse to be referred to the service.
We will visit you at home or in your preferred place in the community
The service is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Practical care tips for family care givers caring for loved one at end of life
- CNWL supporting care in last days of life information leaflet
- Anticipatory medicines information leaflet
- Information for people experiencing grief following bereavement
- What to do after someone dies guidance
- Co-orindate My Care (CMC) - information for patients and carers