Milton Keynes Early Intervention in Psychosis Team provides assessment and treatment for people aged 14-65 experiencing their first episode of psychosis. The team is made up of mental health nurses, non-medical prescriber, psychologists, occupational therapist and a part time psychiatrist.
The aims of the team are:
- The assessment and treatment of the symptoms of psychosis.
- To provide a range of psychosocial interventions.
- To provide support for family and significant others.
- To work with other agencies to support the person.
The service supports people who:
- Are aged 14-65 and resident in Milton Keynes.
- Are in the early stages of a psychotic illness.
Referrals are accepted from other mental health services including the Urgent Care Team, Talk for Change, Acute Home Treatment Team, Hospital Liaison, Perinatal Service, Street Triage, Primary Care Plus and the Liaison and Diversion service.
Self-referrals cannot be made at this time.
The service operates 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Bus: 8, 300
Rail: Milton Keynes Central Rail Station