Hillingdon Community Team for People with Learning Disabilities (CTPLD) provides specialist support for adults with learning disabilities in the community and across Hillingdon’s primary and secondary health services to support individuals, their families and carers. The CTPLD work in close partnership with Hillingdon Council.
Their roles include assessment and treatment, utilising a range of specialist therapeutic interventions for people who have a learning disability, and often complex needs.
The team includes:
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Risk assessments and risk management plans
- Person centred care plans
- Mental health and psychological assessments and interventions
- Assessment and interventions for people with behaviours that challenge
- Screening and early intervention designed to prevent the need for unplanned health or other services (including hospital admissions)
- Sign posting/referring people to other appropriate services/teams, i.e. the 3rd sector
- Training other service providers i.e. GP’s, on understanding the health needs of people with learning disability
The CTPLD provides health care to adults who meet eligibility criteria and who live in the London Borough of Hillingdon.
Anyone can make a referral to their local Community Learning Disability Team.
If you are over the age of 18 and have a learning disability, you can refer yourself. Other people who may refer to our service include relatives or support workers, GP’s, advocates, social workers, etc.
|222, 3, 427, 580, 607, A10, U3||Great Western Railway, TFL Rail||Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines|
The service is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (closed on public holidays) clincian will work outside of these hours, according to need.