29 September 2022
The following examples were cited at the CNWL Board of Directors in September.
- How can you get involved? contact the CNWL Patient and Carer Involvement Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020 3317 3735 or 020 8637 6195
- A workshop was held with Experts by Experience across the Trust to help conduct a mid - point review of the Patient and Carer Involvement Strategy and to inform its future direction. An updated, coproduced action plan will be launched in the Autumn.
- Experts by Experience are involved in a monthly task and finish group for DIALOG+, as well as being involved in the roll out of DIALOG+ training for staff.
- Patients and carers are actively involved in a number of projects looking at design and digital innovation .
- Service users are involved in the ongoing Suicide and Self Harm Prevention Strategy Steering Group .
- Service users and carers have been involved in a number of recruitment panels for frontline staff, Consultant Psychiatrists, Divisional Director s of Nursing, Head of Social Work and Borough Directors.
- In Hillingdon, the Quality Governance group had a service user focus in April and several experts by experience joined the meeting to give feedback and contribute to planning.
- A film has been made about a person’s experience of being admitted to Riverside Unit
- Service users are supporting staff with peer reviews in several areas of the Trust
- Service users in Goodall have been involved in coproducing leaflets for the community mental health transformation work
- A service user from Hillingdon produced a moving article about their journey through services and how getting involved with the employment service supported recovery
- Service users and carers have attended an open consultation session on Open Dialogue and several are involved further in the regular Strategic and Steering Group meetings.
- A new service user involvement group has been set up for older adults in Harrow who are seen either by the Older Adult CMHT, Ellington Ward, or Harrow Memory Service. The Involvement Team attended one of their meetings to present on different opportunities to get involved.