For more Occupational therapy advice and strategies, visit:
- Life Skills by NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Children's therapy pod by Kent Community Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Milton Keynes Council SEND Local Offer
National Autistic Society: a UK charity for people with autism spectrum and their families containing information, support and campaigns.
The Children's Sleep Charity: providing resources and workshops for parents of children aged between two and 19 focused on the importance of sleep and advice for establishing routines and managing issues.
Disability Grants: A parent run website which lists information about numerous grants which support individuals and families with disabilities.
Special Needs Toys: this website sells equipment and toys for children with special needs, including sensory based toys.
Council for Disabled Children: The umbrella body for the disabled children's sector bringing together professionals, practitioners and policy-makers.
ADHD Foundation: The ADHD Foundation Neurodiversity Charity is an integrated health and education service offering a unique lifespan - strength based service, for the 1 in 5 people who live with ADHD, Autism, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia and Tourette’s syndrome.
DCD Foundation: The Dyspraxia Foundation is a country Wide charity, founded in 1987 as the Dyspraxia Trust by two mothers who met at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children.
- Cerebral Palsy
- Can Child (Canada): A research centre dedicated to generating knowledge & transforming lives of children and youth with developmental conditions and their families
- Cerebral Palsy: Supporting people who are affected by Cerebral Palsy
- Scope: An information and advice page for young people with cerebral palsy
- Whizz-Kidz: a charity that provides children with wheelchairs and other mobility equipment, such as buggies and trikes, to help children lead fun and active childhoods. They also run youth groups, wheelchair skills training and other services to young people who use wheelchairs
- Try B4 U Fly: general advice and equipment hire for children with disabilities to try before flying.
- Changing Places: a map showing accessible toilets and changing places.
- Newlife: The charity for disabled children
- The Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT): this is the professional body for occupational therapists in the UK. On their website, you can learn more about the work of occupational therapists across the health and social care sectors
- The Royal College of Occupational Therapists Specialist Section: this specialism within RCOT for children, young people and families offer best practice and research
- Canchild: a research and educational centre in Canada providing evidence based guidelines for children and young people with disabilities and their families. You can learn more about various diagnoses and research.
- National Handwriting Association: raising awareness of the importance of handwriting and supporting best practice and support for children with handwriting difficulties. Offers advice and worksheets for children to practice with
- Dyspraxia Foundation: a charity raising awareness and supporting children/adults with dyspraxia and developmental coordination disorder (DCD)