Camden Integrated Primary Care Falls Service provides timely assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and advice to people who have had a fall or are at risk of falling to reduce the risk of falls.
Our therapists (occupational therapists and/or physiotherapists) visit patients at home and complete a falls assessment. Following this assessment, the patient may receive physiotherapy and/or occupational therapy and be given equipment to use in their home. We may refer you to a medical clinic, and/or an appropriate exercise programme.
Occupational therapy and physiotherapy focus on:
- Improving balance, strength and confidence when carrying out normal daily activities
- The provision of appropriate walking aids
- Safety within the home, including the provision of aids or adaptive equipment
- Coping with further falls
- Information about other relevant services.
The service also offers exercise groups for people who are unsteady, have fallen, have a fear of falling, or are at risk of falling.
The service is for:
- Camden residents
- Those who are unsteady, have fallen, have a fear of falling or are at risk of falling.
We accept referrals from GPs, hospital staff and any health or social care professional.
We also accept self-referrals. To make a self-referral, call our Central Access Team on 020 3317 3400.
The service is available from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
Bus: 125, 214, 27, 28, 444, 46
Train: Southern Western Railway
Tube: Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines
If you need help in a crisis, please do the following
- Contact the CNWL service looking after you during their office hours
- If the crisis is during when your service is closed, there are alternative options provided by the NHS found on this page.
- If you are not already being looked after by CNWL or elsewhere within the NHS, see your GP during normal working hours as they can then refer you to a local service.
Find your closest GP on NHS Choices.