Camden Integrated Primary Care Service encompasses district nursing, nursing care, rehabilitation, self-management and enablement for people in their own homes and other community settings.
The multi-disciplinary team is made up predominantly of district and community nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, psychologists and speech and language therapists. The team works closely with the patient’s general practitioner (GP).
Following a comprehensive assessment of the patient’s needs, the team creates a care plan which can include the following:
- Complex wound care/tissue viability
- Continence care
- End-of-life care
- Falls services, including exercise groups
- Case management
- Medicines administration
- Continuing healthcare
- Home-based rehabilitation, including equipment loans
The aim of the service is to provide high-quality care to support GPs in managing often complex housebound patients to live as independently as possible.
The service is for adults over the age of 18 who live in Camden and are registered with a Camden GP who are housebound and cannot easily attend clinics.
The service is not suitable for people:
- In need of social care but do not have a nursing need or rehabilitation potential
- Who need immediate admission to secondary care
- Who require administration of psychiatric medication or whose main presenting problem is a mental health issue (these should be referred to the appropriate mental health team)
- Who need help with tasks such as collection of prescriptions, delivery of incontinence equipment or purchasing equipment privately
Bus: 125, 214, 27, 28, 444, 46
Train: Southern Western Railway
Tube: Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines
The service is available 24 hours a day.
If you need help in a crisis, please do the following
- Contact the CNWL service looking after you during their office hours
- If the crisis is during when your service is closed, there are alternative options provided by the NHS found on this page.
- If you are not already being looked after by CNWL or elsewhere within the NHS, see your GP during normal working hours as they can then refer you to a local service.
Find your closest GP on NHS Choices.