Our paediatric speech and language therapy service provides a high quality service to children and young people in Harrow.
Our paediatric speech and language therapy service in Harrow provides a high quality service to children and young people who:
- are between the ages of 0 and 18
- have a GP in Harrow or who attend school in Harrow
- have difficulties with speech, language, communication or swallowing.
We work in partnership with you and your family, as well as other health, education, social care and voluntary service professionals.
We look after children and young people who have one or more of the following conditions:
- developmental language disorder
- speech sound difficulties
- language disorder linked to with a sensory, cognitive or physical disability
- autism or social interaction difficulties
- voice disorders
- selective mutism
- feeding and drinking difficulties.
We provide care for children with speech and language therapy needs who:
- go to school in Harrow
- are registered with a GP in Harrow
We have an open referral system. That means that anyone who has the consent of the child's parent can make a referral.
How to refer
To refer, please write to us stating the child's:
- date of birth
- phone number.
You can send your referral:
- by post
- or by emailing our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download our referral forms, service criteria, and checklists:
- Referral criteria for children's speech and language therapy in Harrow
- Harrow paediatric SLT referral form - Pre-school
- Harrow paediatric SLT Primary School Communication Checklist
- Harrow paediatric SLT referral form - Primary school
- Harrow paediatric SLT Secondary School Communication Checklist
- Harrow paediatric SLT referral form - secondary school
Telephone number: 020 3911 6985
This service will see people from two locations
- Alexandra Avenue Health & Social Care Centre Primary Care Hub, 275 Alexandra Ave, Harrow HA2 9DX
- Caryl Thomas Clinic, Headstone Dr, Harrow HA1 4UQ
This service is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, not including bank holidays.