Hillingdon Ambulant Wound Care Service is for patients who have wounds that take longer than 15 minutes to dress and who are able to attend clinic.
The service is provided by Hillingdon District Nursing Service. Patients with complex wounds should be referred to Hillingdon Tissue Viability Service instead.
The service sees patients who:
- Are over the age of 18 and registered with a Hillingdon general practitioner (GP)
- Have a wound that takes longer than 15 minutes to dress
Please contact the Hillingdon District Nursing Team if you are unsure whether a potential referral meets these criteria.
New referrals should be made by a healthcare professional between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday by sending a completed referral form (opens doc) direct to the Referral Centre at email@example.com Telephone 01895 486127.
Wound care clinics are provided at a number of locations in Hillingdon and operate from 08:45-15:45, Monday to Friday, by appointment only.
To cancel or rebook an appointment please tell us as soon as possible by telephoning the contact centre on the number shown above. This helps us to offer the appointment to somebody else.
If you need help in a crisis, please do the following
- Contact the CNWL service looking after you during their office hours
- If the crisis is during when your service is closed, there are alternative options provided by the NHS found on this page.
- If you are not already being looked after by CNWL or elsewhere within the NHS, see your GP during normal working hours as they can then refer you to a local service.
Find your closest GP on NHS Choices.