Hillingdon District Nursing Service supports adult patients who are housebound by providing nursing care in their own homes and/or other community settings.
Hillingdon District Nursing Service provides:
- Palliative care
- Wound care
- Advice on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Assessment of equipment needs
- Administration of non-oral medication
- Catheter care
The service will see any patient over the age of 18 with a nursing need, who is unable to attend their general practitioner (GP) surgery provided they:
- Live in Hillingdon (except patients registered with a Harrow GP who live within one mile of the Hillingdon / Harrow border)
- Are registered with a Hillingdon GP and live in Harrow / Hounslow but within one mile of the border
- Are registered with a Hillingdon GP and live anywhere in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire
Please contact the District Nursing Team if you are unsure whether a potential referral meets these criteria.
Anyone can make a referral but the team will need to know some medical history, so we recommend making a referral through a GP or another healthcare professional.
The service accepts self referrals.
The service operates 365 days a year, from 08:00 to 00.30.
The service is based at eight clinics across the London Borough of Hillingdon.
To cancel a visit, please telephone the 24-hour message service on 01895 234001, or leave a message for your allocated district nursing team.
If you need help in a crisis, please do the following
- Contact the CNWL service looking after you during their office hours
- If the crisis is during when your service is closed, there are alternative options provided by the NHS found on this page.
- If you are not already being looked after by CNWL or elsewhere within the NHS, see your GP during normal working hours as they can then refer you to a local service.
Find your closest GP on NHS Choices.