Hillingdon Diabetes Team manages the care of patients with complex or difficult to control. We work closely with the Dietitian Diabetes Clinic at Hillingdon Hospital and provide support for anything other than pregnancy, diabetic foot, paediatrics, new type 1 diabetes / pump patients and renal diabetes.
This service is for patients registered with a Hillingdon general practitioner (GP), or patients who live in Hillingdon and are registered with an Ealing GP. Patients must have one of the following conditions:
- Poor glycaemic control or unstable diabetes: (the service accepts patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes but not patients using insulin pumps)
- Those who need better management of lipids or blood pressure
- Hypo unawareness
The service also accepts referrals for
- Type 1 patients who do not want to attend hospital care
- Counselling for women with type 2 diabetes who are planning pregnancy
- People with type 2 diabetes who want dietary advice
We also schedule home (domiciliary) visits for housebound patients apart from routine annual reviews if they fit the above criteria.
The service accepts referrals from GPs only using the referral form.
Before referring please read this criteria for referral information
- Download this Hillingdon Diabetes Specialist Nurse referral form if you are a non-EMIS user. All referrals apart from pregnancy, paediatrics and the diabetic foot should be referred via this form. If you are an EMIS user, download this version of the form.
- Download Hillingdon Dietician’s Diabetes Clinic referral form.
Referrals for stable, home-bound patients who need annual reviews are not accepted, as this is the responsibility of the GP practice.
Referrals should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NHS e-Referral is not applicable to this service.
Services are available from 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday except bank holidays (by appointment only).
Patients who have concerns should contact the service by telephone.