Hillingdon Palliative Care Team provides specialist care in community settings for patients with life-limiting illness.
Patients referred to the service may have a malignant or non-malignant disease and disease diagnosis and are:
- Not suitable for active, curative treatment
- Likely to be in the last months of life
- Complex needs requiring specialist management
The team is made up of clinical nurse specialists who care for patients with complex needs in the palliative phase of their life (both cancer- and non-cancer-related). Working in partnership with the Hillingdon District Nursing Team (who deliver day-to-day palliative care in the community) and other agencies, the team aims to:
- Enable patients to remain in their own homes with support.
- Prevent avoidable admissions to hospital.
- Respond to patients’ choice of preferred place for palliative care
In addition, a palliative care consultant can provide the following support for general practitioners (GPs):
- Prognostication and symptom control advice
- Home (domiciliary) visits
- Access to end-of-life care beds currently located at Hayes Cottage Nursing Home
The service is for Hillingdon residents or those with a Hillingdon GP
The service accepts referrals from healthcare professionals working in acute hospitals, primary care, residential or nursing homes, or adult care services.
Referrals should be made preferably by using the referral form and sent to email@example.com
The service is available from 08:00-16:30, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
The service provides home (domiciliary) visits to patients and advice to primary healthcare teams.
Michael Sobell House 24 hour advice line
Tel: 0203 824 1268
Harlington Hospice Association
Tel: 020 8759 0453
Lynda Jackson Centre
Tel: 01923 844014
- Practical care tips for family care givers caring for loved one at end of life
- CNWL supporting care in last days of life information leaflet
- Anticipatory medicines information leaflet
- Information for people experiencing grief following bereavement
- What to do after someone dies guidance
- Urgent Care Plan (UCP) for London - information for patients and carers
- Your Life Line Team: Hillingdon
- Harlington Hospice resources relating to palliative and end of life care