Carlton and Preson wards are inpatient mental health wards at the Kingswood Centre.
It provides single, same-sex accommodation, as well as same-sex living areas and garden space. Intensive treatment is provided on inpatient wards and recovery is promoted from the very beginning of admission. The wards have a weekly programme of activities which can include therapies such as arts, cooking, exercise classes and group meetings.
The service is for people with a learning disability and mental health difficulties who have more complex needs and require specialised care.
The people we care for:
- Are aged 18 years and over (16 years and over in exceptional circumstances).
- Have learning disabilities, mental health issues and/or behaviour management requirements.
- Male and female (single-sex accommodation is available).
- Live in the community or are admitted to hospital informally or detained for assessment or treatment under the Mental Health Act.
- In addition, some people may be transferred from prison, or the courts may order a period in hospital.
We support a range of individuals with learning disabilities who may also have:
- mental health diagnoses
- behavioural difficulties
The service is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
79, 114, 288, 305, 324, 606, 628, 688