16 December 2021
To help prevent the spread of Covid-19 infection among our patients we’re asking all visitors to make sure they follow the guidance below
If you want to visit please speak to the ward or team first to book in and to confirm you understand the rules. CNWL allows visitors on wards but only after assessing each request individually.
Sometimes it may be necessary to restrict visiting in some way for infection control reasons. This will be based upon advice we receive from our specialist infection prevention and control team. These will always be explained; arrangements can also be made for virtual visits through phones and tablets.
We will ask you a number of questions including:
- Have you or anyone you live with tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 10 days?
- Have you experienced a cough, temperature or a change in your sense of taste or smell within the last 10 days?
- Are any of your household contacts currently experiencing a cough, temperature or changes in their sense of taste or smell?
As a visitor, you must wear a fluid resistant face mask all the time whilst visiting or attending any of our sites. If you have a medical reason which prohibits you from wearing a face covering, please tell the team and we will try to make appropriate and safe arrangements.
- Don’t come to the hospital or clinic if you are feeling unwell, including with a cold or flu symptoms
- Wash or gel your hands as soon as you enter a ward or department.
- Follow any additional measures we request if you are visiting a patient who has an infection.
Visiting is important so please help us keep everyone – you, patients and staff - safe!