Camden Rapid Response Admission Avoidance Service provides advanced nursing care, occupational therapy and physiotherapy to people with immediate health or functional needs who would otherwise require an admission to hospital.
It is one of a range of intermediate care services which provide therapies and rehabilitation in community settings for adults in Camden.
The service offers short-term intensive support including nursing and therapeutic assessments and social care for up to 10 days, after patients are referred on to other appropriate services.
The service aims to offer safe care at home which enables people to avoid hospital admissions.
The service is for adults over the age of 18 who live in Camden, are registered with a Camden general practitioner (GP) and who require immediate intervention to prevent a possible hospital admission.
The service is not suitable for people who are medically unstable or where mental health is the main presenting problem.
The service accepts referrals from:
- GPs and other health and social care staff including sheltered housing managers
- London Ambulance Service
- Acute services, if the patient has deteriorated once discharged home
- Carers and families (self-referrals)
Referrals should be made by telephoning the Central Access Team on 020 3317 3400.
Bus: 27, 46, 214
London Underground: (nearest to furthest); Mornington Crescent station (Northern line), Kings Cross St Pancras station (Circle line, Hammersmith & City line, Metropolitan line, Northern line, Piccadilly line and Victoria line), Euston station (Northern line, Victoria line and Overground),
The service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you need help in a crisis, please do the following
- Contact the CNWL service looking after you during their office hours
- If the crisis is during when your service is closed, there are alternative options provided by the NHS found on this page.
- If you are not already being looked after by CNWL or elsewhere within the NHS, see your GP during normal working hours as they can then refer you to a local service.
Find your closest GP on NHS Choices.