National Problem Gambling Clinic
Our mission is to advance existing models of treatment and develop new models of psychological therapies for gamblers.
How to access support for gambling
The National Problem Gambling Clinic is based in London. We accept referrals from all over the UK. If you are looking for something more local please see other support services below.
- To access our service you must fill in the following referral form:
CNWL National Problem Gambling Clinic referral form
- If you are a concerned family member or friend of a gambler wanting to seek support for yourself you can also refer by filling in this form:
Download the referral form for concerned significant others (opens Word doc)
- Once you have completed the referral form you can either:
Email this to email@example.com
Post it to:
The National Problem Gambling Clinic
282 North End Road,
- You will then receive email or written confirmation that we have received your referral (we aim to do this within a week of receiving it). At present the wait time for an assessment is approximately four weeks after the referral.
- Once your name is at the top of the waiting list we will write or email you to inform you that an appointment is available and to contact us to book yourself in.
In the meantime there are some other services you can access for support:
- Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship group offering support for those with a gambling addiction. Locations of meetings are displayed on their website: http://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/
- GamCare are a charity who offer counselling to anyone affected by problem gambling, including family members. You can find out more on their website: http://www.gamcare.org.uk/
- Gordon Moody is a residential treatment programme for those suffering with gambling addiction. They have two centres, one in London and one in Dudley. There is more information and contact details on their website: http://gordonmoody.org.uk/Default.aspx
- Your GP is also someone who will be able to support you if you are suffering any mental health problems such as anxiety and depression as a result of your gambling. They may also know of local gambling services.
- For debt problems contact the Money Advice Service for free support and advice (0300 500 5000 - https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en
Please be assured that once you have received confirmation that we have received your referral you will be contacted in approximately four weeks to book you in for your assessment. It would be at this stage you could discuss your gambling and any other concerns you have.
Phone: 020 7381 7722
Fax: 020 7381 7723 firstname.lastname@example.org
Need help in an emergency?
We are supported by the
Responsible Gambling Trust