Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is about making the Trust’s services as welcoming and responsive as we can, for as many people as possible.
PALS is here to:
- Give you information about local health services – especially the Trust’s services
- Help solve problems with services quickly and informally
- Advise you how to make a formal complaint if you want to
- Pass on your suggestions for service improvement, and any comments or compliments you may have.
The questions and problems people come to PALS with are used anonymously to help the Trust improve its services.
How can I contact my nearest PALS?
For addictions, eating disorder, learning disability or mental health services you can contact your local linkworker:
For community health services in Camden, such as sexual health, children's services and community nursing:
- Contact the Patient Support Service on 020 7685 5973
- Or visit the Camden website for more information.
For community health services in Hillingdon, such as district nursing, podiatry and children’s services:
- Contact the local Hillingdon Community Health PALS team on 01895 488555
- Or visit the Hillingdon website for more information.