15 March 2021
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust is looking for new Governors to represent the needs of local communities. The roles are very important in helping shape the health services we deliver across London, Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas.
The last year has been difficult. We have sought to treat more people in the community to avoid hospital admission, where possible, but made sure that everyone who needed to access to our services was catered for. We increased our capacity for rehabilitation services, enabling patients recovering from Covid-19 and other illnesses to be discharged from our partner acute trusts.
We also looked after many Covid-19 positive patients ourselves. Our staff have worked tirelessly and sadly we have had deaths in our community too. More recently we have been keen to roll out vaccines to our staff, partners, care homes and the wider community. Throughout the year, our governors have been supportive and, while we haven’t been able to meet in person, we have continued to meet regularly via Zoom. We hope that the next year will be easier for everyone but we already know that it will be a very busy one for the Trust and we need to make sure that we are supported by high calibre governors
Anyone can become a Governor and you don’t need specific skills or experience because we provide you with the training you need. The only requirement is an interest in the Trust and a willingness to get involved. So, if you have an interest in your community and health in general, this could be for you!
CNWL is one of the largest trusts in the country providing services covering general community health, mental health, learning disability, substance misuse, sexual health, offender care and eating disorders. We welcome individuals with an interest in any of these services.
We will be holding elections for the following constituencies:
- Service users – representing the Boroughs of Hillingdon, Harrow, Brent, Ealing Hounslow (three seats)
- Service users – representing the Boroughs of Westminster Kensington and Chelsea, Hammersmith & Fulham, Camden, Enfield, GLA and elsewhere. (four seats)
- Carers – representing carers across all Trust services (two seats)
- Public Governor – representing the City of Westminster
- Public Governor – representing the London Borough of Camden
- Public Governor – representing the London Borough of Hillingdon
- Public Governor – representing the Borough of Milton Keynes
- Public Governor – representing the Rest of England
- Public Governor – representing the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
- Staff Governor – Allied Health Professionals
- Staff Governor - Medical
- Staff Governor - Nursing (including Healthcare Assistants) - two seats
- Staff Governor - Other staff
- Staff Governor - Social care
Anyone who is a member of one of these constituencies is eligible to apply. If you are not yet a member you can join here.
How to self-nominate
If you would like to apply you can complete a form online by clicking here.
If you would like to receive a hard copy form then please call Negin Ayoubi on 020 8889 9203 or email email@example.com
You will have needed to complete your nomination no later than 5pm on Wednesday 31 March 2021
For more information, download this Notice of Election.