This page lists the external employment services available in Harrow.
These services each specialise in a particular area of employment support and have their own referral systems.
- Address: Network Homes House, First Floor, Olympic Office Centre, 8 Fulton Road, Wembley, HA9 0NU
- Telephone: 02476 707948
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Offers a range of traditional and online courses including ESOL, English, Maths and Employability
- Referral: self-refer
- Address: Harrow Civic Centre, Third Floor, South Wing, Station Road, Harrow HA1 2XY
- Telephone: 020 8901 2691
Harrow Xcite Project
Mind in Harrow
Offers a Peer Support Employment Group (PSEG) project and real life working experience for volunteers
- PSEG is for people over 25 years of age, eligible to work in the UK, are unemployed with a mental health condition, are living in Harrow electoral wards and not receiving any employment support.
- Volunteering is for anyone over the age of 18 who lives in the Harrow borough.
- Referral: Self-refer
- Address: First floor, 132-134 College Road, Harrow, HA1 1BQ
Peabody Employment and Training
Supports customers on an ESF-funded programme called 'Love London Working' and can help with CV writing, job searching, job applications, interview skills, training and more.
- 16 and over
- Unemployed and looking for work
- Working part time and receiving employment benefits
- Right to work in the UK.
- Address: Old Oak House, 43-45 Erconwald Street, London W12 0BP
- Alternate address: Gatehouse Office (Peabody Estate), St Johns Hill, London, SW11 1TY
- Telephone: 020 7089 1342, ask for Michelle Halley
- Email: email@example.com
PLIAS Resettlement is a community-based not-for-profit organisation and registered charity located in the London Borough of Brent. Our support services are available to residents of the London Boroughs of Brent and Harrow and other boroughs in West London. PLIAS Resettlement was formed in September 2004 and was officially established in December 2005. Our main objective from the very beginning has been to provide numerous services, primarily targeting offenders and ex-offenders, in order to support their reintegration back into society. PLIAS Resettlement evolved from several years of debate about crime, victims of crime, perpetrators and the life-long cycle of re-offending.
- Tel: 020 8838 6800
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Address: Unit 12 Bridge Park Complex, Harrow Road, London, NW10 0RG
- Strive offer short employability courses that are free to people on benefits.
- Telephone: 0800 180 4841 or 0208 952 4856
- Address: Strive Training, Cervantes House, 5-9 Headstone Road, Second Floor, Harrow, HA1 1PD
- Email: email@example.com
Spear is a year-long programme for young people. It starts with a six-week foundation phase, covering topics including mock interviews, CVs, job applications and confidence-building, delivered through a mix of interactive group sessions and 1-1 coaching. Following the foundation phase, trainees will receive 12 months 1-1 support to help them secure work and sustain it. 75 per cent of trainees who complete Spear Foundation find work and are still there one year later.
- Eligibility: Unemployed people aged between 16 and 24 who are looking for work and have not been to university
- Referrals: Self-refer or via your key worker
- Address: Spear Harrow, St Peter's Church, Harrow, HA1 4BX
- Contact: 020 3327 0157, ask for Christina Bird
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Twining provide support to people with a wide range of common mental health problems across the Borough to gain employment advice and support.
Eligibility: those living in Harrow with a diagnosis of depression or anxiety, and receiving support from the IAPT team.
Westminster Drugs Project
The service is free and open to all Harrow residents aged 18 or over, as well as their families and carers. Any professional, such as housing support worker, social worker or nurse, can make the referral on your behalf. You can also visit the service in person or contact them by phone.
- Address: 44 Bessborough Road, Harrow, HA1 3DJ
- Telephone: 0300 303 2868
- Email: email@example.com
West Met Skills - Uxbridge College
West Met Skills at Uxbridge College run a work programme contract for JSA, ESA and Universal Credit claimants on behalf of Reed in Partnership. It also supports unemployed people who are not on the work programme by providing job-seeking guidance, access to skills training courses and general employability support on a one-to-one basis, by appointment. Free training is offered for eligible jobseekers in employability Skills, ICT, customer service, retail, warehousing and storage, business administration, preparing to work in adult social care, and food safety in catering. Most training is available at both the Hayes and Harrow campuses.
- Eligibility: Unemployed
- Referrals: self-referral
- Address: Lowlands Road, Harrow, HA1 3AQ
- Contact: 01895 853653, ask for Giles Strachan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An online source which offers access to volunteering
- Eligibility: Anyone
- Referral: Self-refer online