CNWL Employment Services work alongside and in partnership with a range of employment, volunteering, training and education services within each Borough we provide mental health services for.

These external organisations can help you find work, if there isn’t an employment specialist available in your care team. You can also access these programmes if you’ve been discharged from CNWL services.

Follow the links on the right-hand side of this page to find out what’s available in your Borough.

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) funds the Work and Health Programme, which may be able to help you find and keep a job if you’re out of work. You could be eligible if you live in England or Wales and you’re:

  • Disabled
  • Out of work and have claimed unemployment benefits for 24 months
  • A carer or former carer
  • Homeless
  • A former member of the armed forces or an armed forces reservist
  • The partner of a current or former member of the armed forces
  • A care leaver
  • A young person in a gang
  • A refugee
  • A victim of domestic violence
  • Dependent (or have been dependent) on drugs or alcohol and it’s preventing you from getting work
  • An ex-offender who has completed a custodial or community sentence
  • An offender serving a community sentence

You don’t have to be getting benefits to apply.

You can find full details on the government website.

Each borough also has a range of additional employment services, some of which specialise in working with people with mental health, addictions and other health conditions. Please see the links on the right hand side of this page.

We encourage you to give your employment provider and care team permission to talk to each other so that they can both make sure that your health and wellbeing are fully supported during your return to work. This might involve changes to the timing of medical appointments, medication changes, and help in managing symptoms and wellbeing at work.

Quick links