The Harrow Older Adults Home Treatment Team provides intensive support to individuals at home and aims to prevent hospital admissions as well as facilitate proactive early discharge from hospital (both physical and mental in-patient services).
- Older people living in the London Borough of Harrow.
- People under the care of Harrow Older Adults Mental Health Services.
- OR people with confirmed diagnosis of dementia (of any age). Please note we do not usually accept patients with Alcohol Related Brain Injury but will discuss on a case-by-case basis.
- OR any person over the age 70 with an acute mental illness (even if NOT currently under the care of mental health services).
Please note when making referrals to the team out-of- hours, that the above referral criteria remain valid. Being over 70 years of age does not automatically mean that individuals will be taken on by the Harrow Older Adults Home Treatment Team.
Please note that the older adults services do not ordinarily use CNWL’s Single Point of Access (SPA). Patients may still access the urgent advice line like all other CNWL service users, but referrals are not made through SPA. The contact details for SPA are Freephone 0800 0234 650 or e-mail email@example.com. They are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Referrals to the Harrow Older Adults Home Treatment Team should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org during normal working hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
For Emergency and Urgent referrals, please call 020 84247728 to discuss the needs and risks.
Who can Refer?
We accept referrals from GPs, Psych Liaison, inpatient services and other health care professionals. If referrals are not received directly from a GP, we will inform them of the referral.
Self-referrals and those from carers are not routinely accepted, however if a patient has previously been known to the team we may support by directing as required.
Important Information to include on Referrals
- Detailed reason for referral to mental health services and whether the person has been made aware of the referral.
- Any associated risks e.g. self-harming behaviour, aggression etc.
- Full contact details of next of kin or significant relatives or carers.
- Past psychiatric and medical history.
- Recent delirium screen and relevant investigations, e.g. dementia screen, scans.
Please feel free to contact the Harrow Older Adults Home Treatment Team's duty desk on 0208 424 7728 to discuss a potential referral.
This service operates 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm including bank holidays.
The team are based at Bentley House in Harrow. This service visits patients at their homes.