Information for parents
The physiotherapy service understands how important parents and professionals who work with children in Hillingdon are in helping children and young people to develop their motor skills and ability to access the environment.
We are often asked for advice on how to help children develop their gross motor skills and also on some specific areas of difficulty or pieces of equipment.
You can find useful information below by accessing the below links.
- Brunel wheelchair basketball
- Cerebral Palsy sport
- Disability snow sports at Hemel Hempstead Snowdome. Lessons available for children with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Disabled swimming lessons in Ruislip
- Swimming lessons for children with disabilities
- Riding for the disabled
- Change 4 life - accessible activities
- Can Child: a research centre dedicated to generating knowledge and transforming lives of children and youth with developmental conditions and their families
- Contact: For families with disabled children
- Standing frames
- Standing frames: safety and management
- Try B4 U Fly: general advice and equipment for hire for children with disabilities to try before going on holiday via aeroplane
- Wheel Freedom: provides wheelchair for affordable short-term hire
- Whizz Kidz: a charity that provides equipment such as specialist tricycles and sport wheelchairs