The service can accept referrals for adults suffering from anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, and other forms of atypical eating disorders requiring the services of inpatient only treatment.
VSEDS works in partnership within the North London Collaborative. All referrals are reviewed and discussed with representatives from Barnet, Enfield and Haringey, Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust and North East London Foundation Trust.
If you are unsure about whether a referral is appropriate or need to discuss a referral please contact the service by email email@example.com or call 020 331 52104 . We will be happy to discuss or advise about risk assessment and management, appropriateness of referral to our service and to collaborate in developing the most appropriate care package for your patient.
To make a referral to the inpatient team please complete the NHS eating disorders inpatient referral form and outpatient referral form with as much details as possible and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to referrals as soon as possible.
Collaborative care with local services and support networks
We pride ourselves on forming and maintaining excellent communication with referrers and local services, providing:
- Treatment goals and care plans co-produced with service users, their families, local service and the treatment team.
- Regular updates to referrers and other local services, with frequency and format of progress reports collaboratively agreed.
- Conference call facilities to allow for involvement of local services and families or carers in Care Programme Approach meetings, ward rounds and joint reviews.
- Individualised treatment packages that best meet the patient’s specific needs.
- Excellent communication and discharge planning to support the best possible outcome for the patient.
- Follow up within 7 days of discharge to check in with the individual.
- Further support post-discharge may include direct clinical care, or ongoing consultation and supervision for professionals, as required and with appropriate funding agreed.