29 July 2021
Important patient information
On 1 August 2021, all children’s community services in Harrow, currently provided by London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust, will move to Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust (CNWL).
From 1 August, CNWL will provide the following children’s services in Harrow
- Harrow Children's Speech and Language Therapy
- Harrow Children's Occupational Therapy Service
- Harrow Children’s Physiotherapy Service
- Harrow Children’s Community Nursing Service
- Harrow Children’s Community Paediatricians
Will patients see any changes in the care and support they receive?
Everything is in place for a smooth transfer of services on 1 August 2021. This will mean that patients, service users and carers see no difference in the NHS care and support that they receive. The staff will move with the service so it is likely that patients will continue to see the same member of staff as before.
We’ll be writing to patients with appointments from 1 August to make sure you know the new locations to attend for your appointment and the phone number to use to contact the service if you need to speak to them about your appointment.
Change to locations and phone numbers from 1 August
Each service will have a new phone number from 1 August. These are below.
- Harrow Children’s Community Paediatricians on 020 3911 6981
- Harrow Children’s Community Nursing Service on 020 3911 6982
- Harrow Children’s Physiotherapy Service on 020 3911 6983
- Harrow Children's Occupational Therapy Service on 020 3911 6984
- Harrow Children's speech and language therapy on 020 3911 6985
These services will now see patients from two locations at
- Alexandra Avenue Health & Social Care Centre Primary Care Hub, 275 Alexandra Ave, Harrow HA2 9DX
- Caryl Thomas Clinic, Headstone Dr, Harrow HA1 4UQ
Change to prescription arrangements from the Child Development Team
If you usually receive a prescription for medication from the Child Development Team, you will continue to do so. However, the prescription will need to be taken to your local Community Pharmacist (local Chemist) to be dispensed. The local Chemist may need to order in the medication, so please take the prescription to the chemist at least one week before the medication is due to run out.
Please do not take this prescription to Northwick Park pharmacy as they will no longer be able to supply your medication. If you have any queries about medication please call 020 3911 6900.
For further information about the services see the service information pages below. The new email addresses to contact the service and send referrals through to are on the page too.